Be On The Show!
This podcast is entirely produced by fans for fans…
therefore we’d love – and expect to have – each and every one of you as a guest on this show! Listeners from around the globe, regardless of age, are encouraged to audition. Auditions are always open. When you submit, if your audio is acceptable (we will do our best to let you know if it is not!), your name goes onto a list of available guests. When an episode comes up, we will reach out to the person at the top of the list and invite them to join us on an episode. If they are not available, we move to the next on the list, and so on until we book someone. Your name will remain on the list until you ask it to be removed or until you are scheduled on an episode.
Tips For A Successful Audition
There are many factors that contribute to creating a successful audition for Alohomora!. A few things to keep in mind:
- You need to be able to record yourself! As we say on the show, no fancy equipment is needed, but you do at least need a microphone and a pair of headphones.
- The room you record in is very important. Fans, Air Conditioning units, pets, siblings, etc., all make noise. Try to record in a small room that has curtains or fabric of some kind to help dampen the echo. Turn off all fans, and sit fairly close to your recording device.
- Speak slowly and clearly. If you have a cold or allergies, it might be best to wait a week to record your audition. If we can’t understand you, the listeners won’t be able to hear your fabulous Potter points!
- Don’t hold back! Alohomora! listeners who contribute the most unique insights to these discussions will be the likeliest candidates to be chosen as hosts.
- HAVE FUN! The most successful Alohomora! guests are those that aren’t afraid to speak up or bring up something that may seem absurd. Nothing you say can shock us – remember Noah? Yeah, us too.
Please Be Patient!
We know that you are very enthusiastic to join us on the show – believe us, we are excited to have you! – but we get a lot of emails from listeners just like you who want to discuss Potter with us. We read and listen to every audition. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to respond to every audition. Typically, you’ll only hear from us if we’re asking you to be on an episode. This doesn’t mean we wouldn’t like to have you on a future episode though! We always encourage listeners to audition again if they didn’t get picked for a specific topic or chapter.
Please send your name and timezone along with an audio audition (60 seconds max, please) that answers the question, “Would you eat the Desk!Pig?” to email@example.com in order to be considered.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN AUDIO FILE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. You will not be contacted to provide an audio audition, so if you forget, your name will not be added to the list.
So, you want to leave us a voicemail?
→ First, let us remind you that using SpeakPipe (below) is totally free! It uses your computer or phone’s internal microphone to record your voice.
→ Next, be sure you know what you want to talk about! Rambling is never fun!
→ Try to eliminate as much background noise as possible. Fans make a lot more noise than you think!
→ Speak clearly and don’t forget to tell us your name.
→ Please keep your question or comment to under 90 seconds.
→ Think critically & have fun!
We literally can’t wait to hear from you!